The Benefit to Society Project is calling for sponsors and would
be particularly keen to receive sponsorship and support from stock
ARCH supports the project which has been created to tackle the
often-unfair reporting in the media on social housing and the
stigma social housing tenants experience.
To achieve this, led by a steering group, the project will
engage with tenants to gather their experiences and share their
stories digitally to a highly-targeted audience.
The Benefit to Society Project will:
- Encourage the British public to better
understand the stigma associated with social housing tenants and
the impact this has on their lives.
- Inspire the public to see social housing
tenants in a fairer, more balanced way.
- Change the way our sector and the wider media
communicates stories and news involving social housing tenants,
their homes and their communities.
The Benefit to Society Project are currently have a few more
places for sponsor organisations. The cost is between £1,000 -
£3,000 at this stage in the project.
All sponsors will be part of this major national piece
of work and will:
- be credited on reports and at events
- have the opportunity to provide materials for the social media
- be asked to take part in the research
- have the opportunity to take part in media work, for example,
contribute to an asset bank.
Find out more about the project and
how your council can get involved by becoming a sponsor.
In the meantime ARCH is urging tenants of stock retained
complete a survey - we've had over 120 thoughtful responses so
far but want more.