In this section:

ARCH annual report


The ARCH annual report for 2015-16 is now available to view.


Download it here.

Housing options for serving and ex-military personnel 04/08/2016

This House of Commons Library has published a briefing paper outlining the housing options open to serving and ex-military personnel. It provides a useful overview of the on local authorities and provides a helpful guide for both elected members and officers.


The principal responsibility for providing housing information and advice to military personnel lies with the armed forces up to the point of discharge.


These services are delivered through the Joint Service Housing Advice Office (JSHAO). However, members of the Armed Forces Community should have the same access to social housing and other housing schemes as any other citizen, and not be disadvantaged in that respect by the requirement for mobility while in Service.


Those injured in Service should also have preferential access to appropriate housing schemes, as well as assistance with necessary adaptations to private housing or Service accommodation while serving.

Like emailLink
ARCH Member Comments 0 people like this