Peter Kirkpatrick from Great Yarmouth was elected the new Chair
of ARCH Tenants' Group at its Annual General Meeting on 23
Peter has lived in council housing most of his life. He has
chaired his residents association for seven years and the Great
Yarmouth Community Housing Tenants Forum for four years, as well as
being active in his rural community.
He replaces Jennifer Holmes from West Lancashire who did not seek
re-election as Chair but continues as a member of the Tenants'
Both Peter and Vice Chair Jenny Hill, a tenant of Runnymede
Borough Council, will become Directors of ARCH and sit as full
members of the ARCH Executive Board.
Board members Cllr Paul Ellis and Brian Reilly from Wandsworth
attended the AGM and thanked Jennifer for her hard work thoughout
her period of office, praising her contribution and that of the
whole of the Tenants' Group, saying that they make sure the
tenants' voice is heard within ARCH.
In her review of the year, outgoing Chair Jennifer Holmes
reflected on Group's achievements over what she described as the
most challenging year ever for councils and their tenants,
- holding a successful Tenants' Conference, run by tenants for
- influencing government consultation papers on self-financing,
flexible tenure, rent reform and regulation of social housing
- representing council tenants' voice to the ARCH executive
- assisting the ARCH Executive in choosing ARCH's current support
- achieving Director status for two ARCH tenant group members in
the new ARCH company structure
- representing ARCH at two TPAS Conferences
- representing ARCH Tenants' Group at two CIH Conferences.